McKeyalee Phifer
Emily Miller
ENG 091
November 15, 2011
Happy Mother’ Day
On Mother’s Day we had a banquet for all the mothers at my Church; I was oblivious to my surrounding by the buffet table that I slid my foot right along a wright iron fence. For starters, this wonderful incident all took place on a Sunday afternoon, on May 18, 2009. It was lunch time and all the mothers and were seating in the cafeteria and waiting for us little one to serve them on their day. As I waited in line I heard laughter and jolly conversations immersing form all different directions giving you the ideal impression of a good dayJ …for that moment. When I finally got my chance to take a go around buffet table to start plating my food, (Keep in mind that a few days earlier they had a writing iron fencing put up and for some reason they decided to put the left over pieces in the far off corner near the buffet table …Why?? I couldn’t tell you that not even to this day.) is when the big bang occurred. Now, as I was walking along the right side the table with all the yummy pasties. I hadn’t even acknowledged the left over fencing on the left side of me so very near my feet. And that was all it took to slice a nice clean gash on my left foot where my ballet flats provided a sole for my foot but allowed the frontal part of my foot exposed to world. Can I even call those shoes I think not. So I still hadn’t realized the heavy bleeding that began to spill. This is where my shoe can in handy it was like a little boat for the blood ran for the wound. I began to wonder as to why my left foot felt so… wet? As I looked down no words came to my mouth just tear from eyes. I couldn’t believe that was thick red bleed not a spilled cup of water! I ran to the bathroom to try and take care of myself but when the bleeding didn’t stop but continued I started panicking and crying little too loud a man was passing by and saw me struggle and then took the initiative and got help. I was sitting on the bathroom floor of the woman’s bath crying and soon the whole congregation was by my side trying all talking at once trying to allay the situation. But it was no use I freighted and didn’t know what would happen to me. Everyone was very helpful they propped a pillow under my head held my hand said a few prayers and told me stories to try to calm me down while we waited for my parents to get the car ready to take me to the hospital. Lastly my father picked me up and put me in the car and we drove off to the nearest hospital where I was later treated with twelve stiches. My Mom gave me a kiss while she held my hand on the way back home and the last thing I remember saying was “Happy Mother’s Day Mom”
(537)
No comments:
Post a Comment